Coaching - An Introduction
It is essential to have a coach if you want to be successful in sport.
Hiring a Life & Executive Coach helps you become more successful in areas of your personal and professional life that are important to you.
The following provides an overview of coaching. The other two sections are:
What is Coaching?
Coaching is something that can help you get the best out of your personal and professional life. It contains elements of goal setting, counselling, business / career advice, relationship work and is very much results orientated. It’s having someone who encourages you to get the best for yourself and helps you stay on track.
Why does Coaching Work?
Coaching works because of three unique features:
- Synergy: Client and coach become a team, focusing on the client’s goals and needs and accomplishing more than the client would alone.
- Structure: With a coach, a client takes more actions, thinks bigger and gets the job done, thanks to the accountability, which the coach knows how to provide.
- Expertise: The Coach knows how to help the client make better decisions, set the best goals and restructure their professional and personal lives for maximum productivity.
Who Works with a Coach?
- Professionals, entrepreneurs, business owners committed to maximising effectiveness and success.
- People in transition use a coach to fix, solve, create or plan something personally &/or professionally.
What is Worked on?
Here is what the client and the coach work on together:
- Simplifying and restoring balance.
- Integrating business and personal life for balance.
- Handling business or personal problems.
- Catching up and getting ahead of business.
- Prioritising actions and projects.
- Making key decisions and designing strategies.
- Planning, budgeting and goal setting.
- Taking a project to completion.
- Training, developing and managing staff.
- Increasing sales substantially.
- Strengthening personal relationships.
- Reducing barriers to open and productive communication.
But how does a Coach do this?
Coaching is delivered during regular sessions by telephone or face to face or a combination of the two. Clients bring an agenda of items to the call. The Coach helps them solve the problems and make the most of the opportunities. When a client is taking on a large goal, coaching helps them design the project and provide the support and structure needed to make sure it gets done. We bring out the client’s best by offering advice, expecting a lot, helping them strategize and celebrating the wins.
What should I look for in a Coach?
The right Coach brings out the best in you - consistently. To do this, the Coach you select should pass the following tests;
- Do I feel good and motivated to act when with this Coach?
- Will the Coach keep up with and ahead of me as I grow?
- Do I feel understood and supported by this Coach?
How would I get started?
If you feel this type of relationship could work for you, call and let’s talk. We offer a 40-minute complimentary coaching call to prospective clients who want to “try it” first or you may feel ready to begin working with a coach straight away.
Coaching is not something we sell; it is something you buy because you want “more” out of life and see a Coach as someone who can help you get there quicker and smoother than if you were on your own.
Please call us on 0208 220 2384 or complete our form and we'll be in touch straight away to discuss how we can help you or your company 'be brilliant.'